A portion of the city of St. Clair Shores is within the Federal Emergency Management Association's (FEMA) flood plain. FEMA redraws these maps periodically, and properties that may have been in the floodplain in prior years may now be out of the floodplain and vice versa. If you have found that your property has been determined to be in the floodplain by FEMA (likely through your homeowner's insurance company) but you have a survey or prior evidence that shows otherwise, then you may qualify to obtain a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) or use the Options to Appeal Determination form.
To determine if your property is in the floodplain, you can search the following sites:
Macomb County GIS
1. Type your address in the box at the top of the screen that says "Address or Tax ID Search"
2. Click the "Layers" button on the right side of the screen
3. Click the "plus sign" (+) next to the "Natural Features" tab
4. Click the "Flood Zones" box
5. You may be in the flood zone if the selected parcel turns red
1. Select the "Flood Maps" Product
2. Enter your address
3. Click "Search By Street Address."
4. Click "view."