Highlights of Governor Whitmer’s April 24, 2020 Executive Order 2020-59
- “Stay Home. Stay Safe” Order extended to May 15, 2020
- Face coverings (masks, etc.) are now required when people enter public places
- Landscapers, lawn-service companies, plant nurseries, and bike repair shops can now open their doors to the public
- Stores selling non-essential supplies can reopen for curbside pickup and delivery.
- Big-box retailers no longer need to close off garden centers and areas that sell paint, flooring, and carpeting.
- Golf Courses can reopen. (The St. Clair Shores Golf Course will open the week of April 27. Following the order, no golf carts will be available. Please, call 586-294-2000 to check on opening days and times.)
- Motorized boating is now allowed. Call the Parks & Recreation Department at 586.445.5350 to check on an opening date and times for the Lac Ste. Claire Park ramp behind City Hall, the Blossom Heath Park ramp, and the Nine Mile boat ramp behind the Chapaton Pump station.
- Travel in-state is allowed.
Remember that social distancing is still necessary for all outdoor activities.